Full-time – 37.5 hours per week
Circa £22,549 – £24,882 (WTE)
Negotiable, depending on experience
Responsible to: Director of ADS
Accountable to: Director of ADS
Home-based (UK) with occasional travel to sites if required
Working across our three business units:
Providing a friendly and flexible administration service to ADS, ThinkingThrough… and Young Advisors/Parlez! to allow our specialists to focus on their specialist work whilst being supported by administration, by:
- Ensuring all our training and education programmes are organised in a timely manner, all joining instructions are sent, and liaison with participants and accrediting bodies maintained
- Ensuring all internal meetings are noted and actions recorded
- Undertaking basic book-keeping tasks
- Collecting monthly hours from staff and liaising with payroll
- Ordering resources that the team need, sourcing cost-effective and innovative solutions where necessary
- Preparing letters, presentations and reports – ensuring they all follow our branding expectations
- Assisting with larger marketing projects by uploading onto social media
- Being proactive and managing a varied and busy workload
- Working with team members to understand their work and provide admin advice and support
- Liaising with partners (one is in Australia so there is an expectation of a very occasional early morning or evening to be able to speak with them)
Key responsibilities and results areas
- Implementing and maintaining office administrative procedures
- Liaising with staff, suppliers and clients
- Being the first point of contact for some of our clients
- Ordering stationery and other resources
- Booking venues, hotels and train tickets
- Organising meetings, taking notes of meetings and recording actions
- Preparing letters, presentations and reports and ensuring that they all follow our branding expectations
- Putting other people’s work, such as presentations, into branded templates and ensure that they are formatted correctly
- Organise staff inductions alongside their appointing manager
- Update social media platforms with content developed by the team
- Managing the diaries of the Directors to ensure they can attend key meetings
- Keeping key records
- Liaison with partners
Administration of training:
- Organise venues/online links ahead of courses and training sessions
- Liaising with participants, sending joining instructions and responding to any queries
- Liaison with accrediting bodies (ILM, CPD, Universities) to ensure procedures are followed and records kept in accordance with their requirements and scheduling internal staff meetings to ensure we comply with expectations
- For online facilitated courses, be with the trainer for the first hour to help with any technical issues
- Setting up and administration of Eventbrite booking systems, and online learning systems (training can be given)
Working with the team:
- Work with colleagues across our brands to provide administration
- Assisting in the organisation of HR – uploading job advertisements, arranging interviews, keeping records up-to-date, and keeping holiday charts up-to-date and recording expenses and hours for payroll and liaising with payroll provider
- Organising company meetings and company events
- Support the team with the production of materials that best meet the needs of what they provide
- Understand and communicate effectively, to achieve the goals of the organisation
- Utilises self-motivation and initiative
- Ensure that all material sent out across our brands is consistent and on-brand
- To collaborate with and support the Directors, Employees and Associates of ADS Ltd in the planning and delivery of our programmes and activities
- To ensure that all contact with ADS is of the highest professional standard
- To maintain and promote an inclusive working environment where diversity is valued.
- To produce reports and briefing papers for the Directors when requested
- To ensure compliance with confidentiality and governance requirements, even though based at home.
- To contribute to the planning and delivery of the review and evolution of ADS Ltd, ThinkingThrough… and Parlez!
- Strive for value for money and greater efficiency in the use of resources for both ADS and the organisations that we work for.
- To collaborate with Directors, colleagues and Associates through:
- Generation and sharing of knowledge
- Developing knowledge and understanding of evidence-based practice or best available evidence
Communication and working relationships
Key relationships will be with:
- Directors of ADS Ltd
- Employees of ADS Ltd
- Associates of ADS Ltd
- Customers of ADS and ThinkingThrough
- The young people in the Young Advisors / Parlez!
All employees are responsible for taking all reasonable measures to ensure that the risks of harm to children and adults at risk are minimised. They should take all appropriate actions to address concerns, working to agreed organisational and local policies and procedures in the area they are working. This includes the guidance on Safeguarding, in partnership with other relevant agencies. The postholder must access appropriate training, advice and support as per organisational policy.
Most challenging part of the job
- Working in a virtual team, the need for communication is increased, and it may feel isolating without this communication.
- Dealing with a complex range of organisational arrangements of our customers.
- Taking on multiple jobs at any one time and run with them quickly but with complete accuracy.
- Meeting deadlines – ADS Ltd delivers projects on time, as agreed with commissioners of the work.
- Occasional travel around the UK and staying away from home overnight.
The responsibilities set out in this document may change from time to time through discussion with post holder. In addition the post holder might, at the discretion of the Operational Lead or a Director, be required to take on other tasks in the wider interest of ADS Ltd.