ADS is committed to its responsibility to safeguard and protect the interests and welfare of children, young people, and adults at risk and to protect from harm in all our projects. We believe that all children, young people, and adults at risk have an equal right to protection from abuse regardless of gender, marital status, language, background, race, religion, colour, age, ability, disability, or sexual orientation and that their welfare is paramount in all the work we do.
We will aim to safeguard children, young people, and adults at risk by:
- Valuing them, listening to and respecting them;
- Adopting this policy and adhering to our associated procedures and code of conduct for staff;
- Recruiting all staff and associates safely by ensuring that all the necessary checks are made;
- Sharing information about safeguarding and child protection with the commissioning organisation;
- Providing effective management of staff and associates through supervision, support and training.